—————————EXPLAINED BY SAMSUNG COMPANY ITSELF———————
Warranty Service Policy & Procedures
SAMSUNG offers warranty service for all our different mix of products. Below is a description of the services offered for various product groups:
- SAMSUNG products carry a full warranty for the specified period.
- Some SAMSUNG products may carry different warranty periods due to the nature of the product’s design, manufacture or expected use.
- The warranty applies from the date of purchase by the first customer.
General Terms & Conditions
- The warranty is valid only when the warranty card is properly completed, and upon presentation of the proof of purchase consisting of original invoice or sales slip (indicating the date of purchase, dealer’s name, model and serial # of the product). SAMSUNG reserves the right to refuse warranty if this information has been removed or changed after the original purchase of the product from the dealer.
- SAMSUNG’s obligations are limited to repair of the defect or replacement the defective part or at its discretion replacement of the product itself.
- Warranty repairs must be carried out by a SAMSUNG Authorized Service Center. Warranty cover will be void, if a repair has been attempted by any unauthorized service center. SAMSUNG shall not be liable for reimbursements, claims and damages that may result from the unauthorized repair of the product.
- Repair or replacement under the terms of this warranty does not provide right to extension or renewal of the warranty period. It may be full filled with functionally equivalent service exchange units.
- The warranty is not applicable to cases other than defects in material, design and workmanship.
The warranty does not cover the following:
- Periodic checks, maintenance, repair and replacement of parts due to normal wear and tear.
- Abuse or misuse, including but not solely limited to the failure to use this product for its normal purposes or in accordance with SAMSUNG’s instructions on usage and maintenance.
- Defects resulting from usage of the product in conjunction with
accessories that are not approved by SAMSUNG for use with this product.
- Failure of the product arising from incorrect installation or use not consistent with the instructions and technical or safety standards prescribed in the product user manual.
- Accidents, Acts of God, lightning, water, fire, public disturbances, improper ventilation, voltage fluctuations or any cause beyond the control of SAMSUNG.
- Unauthorized modifications carried out to the product in order to comply with local or international technical standards in countries for which this SAMSUNG product was not originally designed.
- Damage of the battery caused by overcharging or failure to use in accordance with the specific instructions of core outlined in the product user manual.
- The serial no. on the product has been altered, deleted, removed or made illegible.
- The batteries are charged by chargers other than those approved by SAMSUNG.
Any of the seals on the battery enclosure or cells are broken or show evidence of tampering.
- This warranty does not affect the consumers ‘statutory rights’ nor the consumers ‘rights against the dealer’ related to their purchase/sales agreement.
- This warranty is not transferable. This warranty will be the purchasers ‘sole and exclusive remedy and neither SAMSUNG nor its service centers listed in this warranty document shall be liable for any incidental or consequential damages or breach of any express or implied warranty of this product.
DISCLAIMER: SAMSUNG shall not be liable for the loss of any saved/stored data in products that are either repaired or replaced.
The above policies are for warranty service and the customer will be responsible for any costs associated with non-warranty conditions. SAMSUNG reserves the right to make final decisions regarding problem determination and the appropriate service option. Exchange units assume the remaining warranty of the original product.
Please refer to your SAMSUNG Limited Warranty Statement for complete terms and conditions, as some models have other terms and conditions. Some limitations and restrictions apply and these programs are subject to change without prior notice.
PRODUCT WISE WARRANTY
- CTV/LCD/PDP/LED- TELEVISIONS: 1 Year (Distributor Warranty)
- WASHING MACHINE: 1 Year (Distributor Warranty)
(Parts Not Covered: Outer Still Casing / Top Lid)
- MICROWAVE OVEN: 1 Year (Distributor Warranty)
(Parts Not Covered: Connector & Accessories)
- REFRIGERATOR: 1 Year (Distributor Warranty), Compressor – 5 Years (Distributor Warranty)
(Parts Not Covered: Plastic / Glassware / Bulb)
- AIR-CONDITIONERS: 1 Year (Distributor Warranty), Compressor – 5 Years (Distributor Warranty
(Parts Not Covered: Plastic / Filters)
- GSM MOBILE PHONES: 12 Months (Distributor Warranty), Battery 6 Months
(Parts Not Covered: Accessories)
- Laser Printer: 1 Year from the date of purchase
(Parts Not Covered: Consumables)
- MONITORS: 24 months from date of purchase (for 15″ CDT monitors).
36 months from date of purchase (for 17″ or greater CDT monitors and all LCD-TFT monitors). Distributor Warranty (Parts Not Covered: Cables and Batteries)
- This warranty is confined to the first purchaser of the product only.
- Repair or replacement will be carried out through the Company’s Service Centres (Refer the list) or it’s Authorised Service Centres or it’s Dealer’s Service Centres.
- In the event of repairs/replacement of any part/s of the unit, this warranty will thereafter continue and remain in force for the unexpired period of the warranty. Moreover, the time taken for repair/replacement and in transit whether under the warranty or otherwise shall not be excluded from the warranty period.
- The company or it’s authorised service centre/ service dealer, reserves the right to retain any part/s or component/s replaced at it’s discretion in the event of a defect noticed in the equipment during the warranty period.
- Any change of address shall be intimated to concerned service centre for continuation of warranty.
- Warranty for the unexpired period shall continue after the product is inspected by the concerned service centre and the product is found free from transit damage.
- The customer shall have to pay a visiting charge towards inspection, as applicable.
- In case of any transit damage, the product shall be repaired by the concerned service centre on charges and warranty for unexpired period to continue.
- The warranty does not cover demonstration/ installation of the product purchased.
- The warranty does not cover accessories external to the system.
- The company’s obligation under this warranty shall be limited to repairing or providing replacement of part/s, which are found to be detective.
- Repairs during warranty period shall be carried on “Carry In” basis. Wherein for service the purchaser shall bring the product to the Service Centre with whom the set is registered for warranty service. The warranty does not cover cost of transportation of system from place of installation to the Service Centre.
- The concerned Service Centre will advise the customer whether to affect the repair at site or its Service Centre.
- Any part/s of the system replaced by the company at it’s discretion shall be with a functionally operative part.
THIS WARRANTY IS NOT APPLICABLE IN ANY OF THE FOLLOWING CASES:
- The warranty card is not duly filled and mailed back to the service centre for registration by the purchaser.
- The completed warranty card is not presented to authorized personnel at the time of repair.
- The product is not purchased from an Authorized SAMSUNG dealer.
- The product is not used according to instructions given in the instruction manual.
- Defects caused by improper use as determined by the company personnel.
- Modification or alteration of any nature is made in the electrical circuitry/ or physical construction of the set.
- Installation/ repair work is carried out by persons/agency other than authorized by the company.
- Site (premises where the product is kept) conditions that do not confirm to the recommended operating conditions
of the machine.
- The original serial number is removed, obliterated or altered from the machine or cabinet.
- Defects due to cause beyond control like lightning, abnormal voltage, acts of God or while in transit.